Making the most of the internet is as important as your breathing. Every entrepreneur needs the digital skills to grow his business and confidence. You need to leverage on the power of the internet and social media to generate leads for sales and business growth.
The Internet is a force for good and we must work together to keep it that way. The Internet has become increasingly central to many of our lives and societies, allowing us to accomplish things in moments that less than a decade ago were impossible. For communities coming online, the Internet is a connection to opportunity and empowerment.
Let’s look at some statistics
– Google gets over 6.5 billion searches daily, other search engines like Yahoo and co are not inclusive
– There are well over 1.2 billion websites globally (Is yours included?)
– There are over 4 billion internet users daily
– An average of 200 billion emails are sent and received on a daily basis
– Over 3 million blog posts are written daily
And many more. You can check https://www.internetlivestats.com/ for more statistics.
Also, according to Global Digital Report 2018;
– The number of internet users worldwide in 2018 is 4.021 billion, up 7 percent year-on-year
– The number of social media users worldwide in 2018 is 3.196 billion, up 13 percent year-on-year
Do you know that?
– Listing your business on more than 20 business directories can increase your visibility online by 15%?
– 80% of people find out about new or existing businesses through search engines and directories?
So what is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is an umbrella term for the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the internet, but also including mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital medium.
How do you take advantage of online visibility to boost your sales?
- Don’t always come online, live online.
- Always tweet, post or share topics that relates to your business.
- Be on every social media platform
- Do online adverts
- Be consistent in your posting, tweeting etc. It takes patience, faith, consistency among others to close deals.
- Be proactive in your response to inquiries.
- Grow your network. Your network will determine your networth.
Channels of online marketing
- Email Marketing
- In app advertisement
- Social media marketing. (i.e Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube etc)
We advance on our journey only when we face our goal, only when we are confident and believe we are going to win. ~Orison Swett Marden
Ebenezer Dare is the founder and CEO of Hostlag – A web hosting and a domain name company.